Retreat report

When I arrived at The Creative Cottage on Thursday morning to unlock and prepare for our first ever McKinney Modern Quilt Guild retreat, this is who greeted me.....

A very large, obnoxious and filthy chicken. This bird had no fear. She followed me everywhere and even tried to get into my car! Ladies, I am a CITY girl. I do NOT DO CHICKENS! sigh. She was a presence all weekend and we named her Bobbin. Ok, enough about wildlife. Here's what made the weekend extra fabulous.....
 This awesome group of ladies! It was so much fun to get to know each other better as the weekend went on. We laughed, A LOT! We chatted, swapped mug rugs (aren't they fabulous?), played trader's dice for fat quarters, won door prizes, ate WAY too much food (Chris makes a mean lasagna! And Val whipped up a fruit dip that had many licking the bowl) and just had an overall fantastic time.

Oh, and we sewed! Did we ever. Here are just SOME of our terrific finishes.....
Quilt tops, start to finish (there were more than just these six!). I was so glad Stephanie brought her Metro Hoops to work on too. We pushed each other through it and both finished up our tops on Saturday.
Bags bags bags..... I think Joy made three of them all by herself! Sherry's halloween pouch is so cute too! There were lots of bag finishes.
Blocks and more blocks. You really must enlarge this picture to see Allyson's blocks better (far left). She's making a surprise quilt for her hubby (shhhhhh). Kristi's red & black one would make an awesome pillow for my couch. hmmm......

I'm hoping there will be many more guild retreats in the future..... I know you'll all want to come along next time!