I'm super excited about our online meeting tonight! I'm sure it's going to be awesome. I have enjoyed playing the Quilty Quarantine Quest with you all this past month. It's been so fun to see your posts and really feel connected to our guild. If you haven't looked through the guild group on Facebook or on the #mckmqgq3 hashtag on Instagram, you should! It's full of lots of fun member projects and ideas.
June brings us to some fun times. We have three big things happening in June: Color of the Year Challenge, Rowing Along, and a new Block Lotto block!
Color of the Year Challenge
You might remember that when we last met in March, you were given two swatch samples for the color of the year challenge and encouraged to buy 1 yard of fabric. Well, let's do something with it! Here are the rules:
1. Make anything quilty/fabric related. It can be a quilt, a mini, a bag, a basket...gosh, we could go on! Make something.
2. You can add colors but one or both of the Colors of the Year should be the predominant color in the project. You can also use darker or lighter versions of the colors.
3. We hope we will be able to display these at the McKinney Public Library again. We will try to display everything, but keep in mind the display space is limited, so if you want a full mini to be displayed, it'll need to be around 12-14 inches. If you do a full quilt, we'll fold, drape, and get creative. We will find a way to honor all the work that's created and display as much as we can.
4. Color of the Year Challenge items will be due at our August meeting.
Colors this year:
Several of you signed up for Rowing Along and we're not going to keep waiting for the world to return to normal to begin....so let's get rowing! Here are the details:
1. In the next few days you'll receive an email/text from me confirming you want to still participate. Please respond.
2. Once I have confirmed all participants, you will receive a "give to" partner and a "receive from" partner. Each month, you will give the row you have (the first month will be yours) to your "give to" partner. You can do a porch drop off, mail it, etc. You will "receive from" the receive from partner. It will be the same partner each month, so you'll always give to the same person and receive from the same person. I think this will make it easier to minimize contact and to help us keep going.
3. You will drop off month 1 between June 15 and June 20.
Here are the full guidelines for Rowing Along along with the form to include in your bag.
Let's do another block lotto! Right now, we will hold on to them with hopes of meeting in person again.
This month's block lotto is: Improv Cross
Guidelines: Use one black, or vibrant solid (either background or cross) and one bright print. This is similar to what you see on the tutorial.
We will use the Improv Cross tutorial provided on the Stitched in Color Blog
We seemed to enjoy multiple size blocks. You can do a block that's 6 1/2", 9 1/2", 12 1/2" or 18 1/2" (finished sizes 6, 9, 12, 18).