A vote on the proposed changes will be on the agenda for the October meeting.
Members are encouraged to review the finalized proposed version of the bylaws and to submit comments (on the Google Doc) or ask questions via e-mail to Catherine Dutton (email@example.com). In order to allow time for responses (and any research required), please submit comments/questions prior to the October 1 general meeting.
Members can also view the marked-up version of the current bylaws, reflecting the changes, additions, and deletions.
Overview of changes:
- Refer to the guild as MCKMQG instead of MMQG
- Rename Executive Council to Executive Board
- Reformat to allow for ease of reading (adding sub-sections)
- Allow a Junior Membership option (12-17 years) at half of the established membership dues.
- The treasurer may authorize dues payment arrangements with members rather than it needing to be the entire board.
- Cleaned up some language left from 2014 (referring to practices unique to the first year of the guild)
- Nominating Committee should consist of 3 members (lowered from 5). Majority of the committee should not be seeking a board position.
- Move elections from December to November (to be implemented in 2020).
- Clarify office titles; remove the office of Historian
- Add to bylaws that an individual cannot hold the same board position for more than 2 consecutive years with no more than 4 consecutive years on the board in any capacity.
- Committee members serve up to 4 consecutive years.
- Standing committees: Audit, Nominating, By-Law (ad-hoc)
- President and Secretary added as signatories on the bank account
- Treasurer's report given monthly, not necessarily at the meeting
- Any non-budgeted expense exceeding $100 must be approved by the general membership
- Modifies dissolution directive to "further quilt education or to a nonprofit"
The board will present revised Rules and Regulations within the coming months after bylaws are approved by guild membership. Rules and regulations contain descriptions of board positions, committee functioning, and membership details. Current Rules and Regulations.